Australian Bobbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Old School Bobbers & Choppers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luv that fat front tyre

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skins

Luv that fat front tyre Empty
PostSubject: Luv that fat front tyre   Luv that fat front tyre I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:06 am

G'day guys, One of the basic looks of a bobber IMO is that of a front tyre with similar width profile and diam as the rear. A mob called Zero Engineering in U.S. (used to be Samurai Choppers Japan) are just one who do this beautifully. I want to do this to a 1100 Virago. My job is hard enough to make this thing look cool, I don't want to find dangerous handling problems after doing it as well.
Has anyone had experience at this or knows a suspension/handling guru who could answer my questions.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
walka

PostSubject: Re: Luv that fat front tyre   Luv that fat front tyre I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Same Size Tyres on Front and Back will work fine
Back to top Go down
Mato

Mato

PostSubject: Re: Luv that fat front tyre   Luv that fat front tyre I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 am

To be honest if you were going to go with a huge tyre yep it would cause hanlding problems
i would think more in steering
but if your only going the same as the rear it should not make a big diffrence. in some cases i have heard people say it improves the handling.
look at some of the honda's VT750's and so on they have a simler size on the front as the rear, a bit smaller but they look good
i think the bigest problem is to make it fit within the front forks. you would need almost a wide glide front end. well the jap spec wide glide
good luck and i hope this helps
throw up some pics of your beast when you can. Cheers Mat
Back to top Go down
https://australianbobbers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luv that fat front tyre   Luv that fat front tyre I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luv that fat front tyre
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Bobbers :: Australian Bobber's Bikes :: Tips And Tech-
Jump to: